Manuka & Walnut Cigars
2 cups ground walnuts + extra to decorate
1/4 cup Sugar
2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
12 Sheets Phyllo Pastry
1/2 cup Melted Butter
1/2 Cup Nature's Gold MGO30 Manuka Honey
1/2 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Water
1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
1. Thaw the phyllo for several hours according to the instructions on the packet.
2. Preheat the oven to 180C. Combine the walnuts, cinnamon and sugar.
3. Place one sheet of phyllo onto grease proof paper, brush it with butter. Place another phyllo sheet on top of that and brush with butter again.
4. Sprinkle the nut mixture evenly over the pastry and roll tightly into a long sausage shape. Cut the rolled pastry into 4 even pieces and transfer to a lined baking tray.
5. Repeat the steps to assemble more cigars until the pastry and nut mixture is all gone.
6. Bake until lightly golden for approximately 15 minutes. Place the cigars into a deep dish and pour over the syrup for a few hours. Sprinkle with more chopped walnuts before serving.